Dog Kennel Hill Primary School Posted on March 22, 2015
Project: Southwark Council
Project Location: Dog Kennel Hill, East Dulwich
Project Duration: 3 Weeks
Type of Demolition: Hand & Machine Demolition
Description of Project
Dog Kennel Hill Primary School required the annexe building to be demolished to make way for a landscape garden, including a pond and decking area.
This would enable the children to learn about the habitats of the different kind of species in a pond environment.
Scope of Works
- Tree and bush removal to enable demolition
- Demolition of 2 storey annexe building with slabs and foundations
- Excavation of hard standing
- Backfilling using crushed hardcore back to ground level
- Excavation of a new pond
- Waste disposal
- Full scaffold to all elevations of the annexe building to enable hand demolition
- Soft strip of internal furnishings, floor and ceiling coverings
- Hand demolition from the roof down to 1st floor level to enable machine demolition
- Machine demolition using a 9 tonne excavator with a pulveriser attachment to reduce the building down to ground floor level
- Removal of slab and foundations using a 9 tonne excavator with a breaker attachment
Comments are closed.