Southern Gas Networks Posted on May 22, 2015
Project Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Project Duration: 30 Weeks
Type of Demolition: Machine Demolition
Description of Project
We were required to demolish the 3 existing gas holders on Southern Gas Networks Tunbridge Wells site. This involved safely removing and disposing of the water and sludge that would have helped contain the gas during the everyday working of a gas holder.
Once the water and sludge had been removed the demolition could commence, removing the crown, lifts and tank. During the demolition process a secondary clean of the water and sludge was required to ensure the steelwork was clean enough for it to be recycled.
On completion of the demolition the last procedure was to backfill the below ground holder back to ground level.
Type of Gas Holders:
- Below Ground Column Gas Holder
- Below Ground Spiral Guided Holder
- Above Ground Spiral Guided Holder
Scope Of Works
- Cold cutting of the crown to enable de-watering of the holder
- De-watering of the gas holder
- De-sludging of the gas holder
- Demolition of crown, lifts and tank
- Backfilling below ground holders
- Removal and backfilling of siphon pits
Comments are closed.